Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I have to dust my stove.

Danielle chose cooking

I look at cooking the way at look at hunting/farming: I guess I could do it, but why bother when there are perfectly good restaurants or grocery stores waiting to sell me things so I don’t have to cook. ... ok maybe that was a bad comparison, but you get the idea.
(Once, I was watching Fishing with Andre with some friends, and Matt asked what celebrity we would like to fish with.
I said, of course, Parker Posey.
"Between you and Parker Posey," Linzy said. "Who exactly is catching fish?"
"I am. I've been known to catch fish. It has happened before."
The group did not believe me.
"I will have you know my heroic epithet is Will Young, Son of Eddie, the Fish-Catcher.")
Someone once asked Katie if I were a good cook. “He boils water with the best of them,” she said.
And really, that’s about all I do. If you’re mixing ingredients and baking, it seems like so much work just to eat it. You do all that work; you eat it; and what are you left with? More work: dirty dishes, and you have to do it all over again tomorrow.
I mean, I can do that. It has been known to happen.
In the past three years, I have cooked:
Miss Leigh’s Chinese casserole
Cheese cake
7-layer dip.At this rate, I should have a full, decent meal in my repertoire by 2010.

No comments: